ICICI Securities Ltd. (I-Sec) is the largest equity house in India providing end-to-end solutions (including web-based services) through the largest non-banking distribution channel.
ICICIdirect.com is a part of ICICI Securities and offers retail trading and investment services. They wanted to enhance their online trading portal with a cutting-edge technology to provide a richer user experience to their users.
Quadwave designed a Microsoft Silverlight technology-based portal with a complete widget based front end. The portal provides the end user with the flexibility of having tailored-made information on the screen.
The solution not only was perfect for ICICIdirect.com but also-provided recognition at Microsoft Tech Ed India 2011for both Quadwave and ICICIdirect.com.
- The portal provided a rich user experience, with live tiles.
- It provided out-of-the-browser experience to the end user.
- It offered different online and offline views.
- It provided an easy-to-use trading platform.
- Heat map charts providing a visual reference to stock movements are offered.
The application was built using:
- Silverlight V 4.0
- MVVM Pattern
- Highly robust and reliable front-end was achieved in spite of internet bandwidth issues.
- Sub brokers as well as the end-users were provided with a trading console experience.
“Our journey with ICICI began when they wanted to build a rich online trading platform. We wanted a partner with engineering acumen.
That is when we roped in Quadwave.”
Sandeep Alur, Enterprise Architecture Consultant,
“ICICI Direct is the largest consumer-facing financial service, with over 2million consumers…The platform offers a very rich environment for online users. Interactive and dynamic UI and an enhanced user experience have really helped us to go to the next level with our partners Microsoft and Quadwave.”
Yagnesh Parikh, CTO and Sr Vice President – Information Technology,